Thursday, July 30, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggity jog

FYI
Everything seems to be a-ok, just got home! Super high on percocet right now. Some pain, going to bed. I have a big vertical "S" shape cut that at last minute replaced a horizontal eye-shaped cut (surgeon called it serpentine shaped). This kept the nipple more aligned with its buddy but will have more noticeable scar, which is fine with me. I'd rather be more symmetrical then worry about what silly scar shows in a bathing suit. This is why I picked this surgeon, he's works super closely (and is BFF) with the plastic surgeon, and he's the one who suggested the "S". Dynamic duo, those two. Also, when I came to I told him I wanted a milkshake and he made sure that message got to Julie and Rob and sure enough I got one STAT when I went to Recovery. The other reason why I picked Dr. Clarfeld. I love him.

I asked them to take photos of me during surgery (they're used to my camera by now,) I may post them, can't wait to check them out.

Ok, have to go fall on my face right now. Actually -- fall on my left side. Not allowed to sleep on my right or on stomach for a couple of weeks. Lying in bed, watching the temperature rise (the house's not mine...). Supposed to be 100 deg today. Holy smokes.

Thank you for all of the love and support. I just kept thinking of all the people that have been helping me and sending good wishes and prayers and it totally got me through today.

I love you all!
XOXOXOX

3 comments:

  1. Jenny, by posting this soon after getting home from surgery, you're setting the blogging bar pretty high. Keep this up and we'll be expecting you to live-blog exciting medical procedures. Maybe even YouTube. :)

    When Dr. Kossman took out my tonsils when I was 5, we brought them home and put them on the mantle. I trust you are not doing so in this heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the S-shaped scar makes you "Super Jenny". You're going to need a cool costume or at least a good cape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear it went well. Keep us posted, and if you need a buddy for lunch or din din, or someone to do laundry (I love to do laundry) - I'm there. Shawna

    ReplyDelete